Friday, January 18, 2019

Marielle’s craft space

Hello friends, Marielle here today to share where I create my projects for My Creative Scrapbook kit club every month .
I have been a scrapbooker for about 16 years and in the past year I have graduated to a real space to create !
Last winter we finished our basement and I took possession of half of the square footage for myself... I figured that I deserved a girly space of my own ( I live with with 3 hockey playing boys-men).

Ta-da !!!
Here's a view from the stairs of my happy place.


I refinished a lot of the furniture in this room. The navy blue cabinet was an old TV cabinet my husband had as a bachelor. It was an ugly light wood grain, I painted a dark navy to match the far wall of my basement. I added 3 stained wood planks to the top. I also added a piece of white bead board at the back of the cabinet and some new hardware ( from a second hand store).


This old gazebo door means a lot to me, it belonged to my dad and I asked my mom to have it after he passed away 1 1/2 years ago.


My dad is always watching over me :)

Love this little wall cabinet . It's perfect to keep some of my paints handy.

My favorite color is Tiffany blue and I chose it as and accent color for my room ( Benjamin Moore) Scuba Green .







The large white bookcases were given to us and freshened up with white chalk paint.



This small filing cabinet (also a second hand store find) was painted with teal chalk paint. Love it !!


I store my Thickers by color in the top drawer.

 

This small cabinet is perfect to store stamps,stencils,markers, etc.

                          

Small dollar store baskets hold my ink supplies.

                         
                           


As some of you may know, I am a member of the Jillibean Soup design team. I like keeping all of my Jillibean supplies together .

                          

My new toy !!! :) I'm still learning how to use this baby !




This huge desk was also a second hand purchase. I refinished it to match the dark wood floors


This cute cake stand holds flairs and washi tape.


                                      

This 2 tiered stands holds jars of small stuff ,enamel dots and a few small punches. 

.

Here's a front view of my happy place. :)



This is a view from my desk . The February main kit is on my desk....wait until you see it !!


and finally ....the rest of my finished basement.

Hope you have enjoyed viewing my craft space, I am very happy about how everything turned out and so happy to finally have a space that inspires me to create !
Thanks for visiting :)
Hugs,
Marielle






2 comments: